When you are feeling bad, you may want to say something to yourself:
- I am worthy of happiness;
- I may have wrong thoughts about it;
- When my mind is talking negatively, I am not going to listen and I’d like to do something else, such as deep breathing or having a cup of tea;
- My negative feelings will pass. I am not the slave of them;
- My current situation is just a small part of my life journey. It’s not my final destination.
After you have done your self-talk, you may want to add this “I did the right thing and I am awesome.”